Senior Project Engineer
Golder Associates Inc. is currently seeking a Senior Project Engineer for the Lansing, Michigan location. Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Provide senior technical leadership in management of local and regional geotechnical engineering projects in the solid waste, power, transportation, and rail sectors;
- Serve as senior project engineer to provide engineering analysis, check calculations and work product of junior staff related to geotechnical engineering projects;
- Provide contribution to strategic planning, business development, client relationship management activities within the Great Lakes Organization for the solid waste, power, and transportation sector;
- Manage geotechnical projects involving a variety of engineering disciplines and geotechnical investigations;
- Checking laboratory (soil and rock) test results and verifying information is applicable for engineering analyses.
- Managing the overall quality and consistency in the geotechnical soils laboratory in Lansing, Michigan.
- achieving and maintaining a personal chargeability of 60% or greater within 9 months of start date
- Managing client projects to achieve Golder benchmarks for quality and financial performance.
- Preparing proposals and assisting in business development.
- Actively pursue existing or new clients to capture project work valued between 2-4 time your annual salary.
The preferred candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- A minimum of 8 years of experience providing comprehensive consulting and geotechnical engineering services;
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in geotechnical engineering;
- Professional Engineering (PE) License in Michigan preferred;
- Focused expertise in soft-soil mechanics, foundation design, earth retention, slope stabilization, consolidation and ground modification;
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and a variety of geotechnical software including: GRLWEAP, Lpile, Slide, MathCAD, and Settle 3D;
- Experience with performing geotechnical soils laboratory tests, including; sieves, hydrometers, permeability (flex and rigid wall), direct shear, unconfined compression, consolidation, triaxial shear, proctors, and Atterberg limits.
- Ability to manage a team of geotechnical engineers on large projects including investigations, lab and field testing programs, engineering analysis and design recommendations/reporting;
- Enjoy working in a team environment with a variety of professionals;
- Ability to manage multiple projects and clients; and
- Organize and conduct client meetings and presentations.
To be considered for this position, please fill out at online application at www.golder.com/careers