ERM is seeking a motivated Staff Environmental Consultant/Engineer, who is interested in participating on a variety of projects covering the full spectrum of ERM’s services, to join our consulting firm in Holland, MI. In this role, you will work closely with Project Managers and be part of a team responsible for providing environmental consulting services to clients working to maintain compliance with applicable environmental regulations and existing company standards. This is an excellent career opportunity to work with an expert consulting team on challenging environmental projects for large industrial and global clients. Access to ERM's national Performance & Assurance experts also provides knowledge sharing of best practices across the industry and ongoing learning opportunities for our team.
- Provide environmental compliance support to clients, including on-site assistance as needed.
- Prepare threshold/release calculations in support of Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act (EPCRA) Tier II and Toxic Release Inventory (TRI) reporting for multiple sectors.
- Prepare plans, permits, and reports for air quality, hazardous waste, spill prevention, storm water, and wastewater program compliance.
- Support the development of EHS compliance and management system programs.
- Perform environmental compliance audits and implement follow-up corrective actions to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Perform multiple projects within scope/budget/schedule expectations and ensure quality standards on project deliverables.
- Interact and maintain successful relationships with clients, ERM employees, and subcontractors.
- Support ERM Partners-in-Charge and Project Managers to effectively manage projects.
- BS in chemical or environmental engineering, chemistry, environmental science, or related discipline. Masters a plus; Minimum 3.0 GPA.
- 1 to 5 years of relevant environmental compliance consulting experience or professional internships.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Strong organization/analytical skills; experience working with detailed technical data and reports.
- Strong MS Office computer skills; advanced understanding of Excel required; PowerPoint and Access desired.
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced consulting environment, handling multiple project assignments, meeting strict deadlines, and traveling to client facilities as needed.
- Ability to maintain flexibility, problem solve, and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Professional registration desired (e.g., EIT), or motivation to obtain.
- Local candidates preferred.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter. Qualified candidates will be contacted by email, and requested to complete a video questionnaire. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.