ERM is seeking a Senior Consultant – Environmental Compliance to join our growing Performance & Assurance technical team in Holland, MI (candidates in other locations will be considered). In this role, you will provide senior project management and senior technical assistance and QA/QC review on EPCRA calculations and reporting, as well as other EHS compliance projects, EHS management systems, and compliance assurance programs for clients locally, nationally, and internationally. This is an excellent career opportunity to work with an expert consulting team on challenging environmental reporting and management projects for large industrial and global clients. Access to ERM's national Performance & Assurance experts also provides knowledge sharing of best practices across the industry and ongoing learning opportunities for our team.
- Provide final QA/QC review of a portfolio of complex Tier II threshold and TRI threshold and release calculations for multiple sectors and ensure on-time quality delivery of Tier II and TRI reports.
- Lead teams in performing multi-year audits of Tier II/TRI reporting programs with resolution of compliance findings via eDisclosure and the EPA’s Audit Policy.
- Provide regulatory interpretation and guidance on complex TRI applicability, calculation and reporting issues to the ERM EPCRA team and clients.
- Perform and manage litigation support projects under attorney-client privilege and EPA’s Audit Policy.
- Provide environmental compliance support to clients, including on-site assistance as needed.
- Provide technical assistance/guidance on EHS compliance assurance projects.
- Perform EHS compliance audits and implement follow-up corrective actions to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Develop, implement, and manage environmental management systems and programs for corporate clients.
- Manage and develop plans, permits, procedures and reports for air quality, hazardous waste, spill prevention, storm water, and wastewater compliance programs.
- Develop and expand client relationships that generate repeat business to grow the Performance & Assurance service team in Holland.
- Prepare technical proposals and participate in business development with existing clients and identified leads.
- Manage multiple large-scale projects and/or reporting programs within scope/budget/schedule expectations and ensure quality standards on project deliverables.
- Appropriately delegate project assignments to project teams and mentor junior staff.
- Build strong collaborative relationships with other ERM employees.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in chemical or environmental engineering, chemistry, environmental science, or related discipline.
- Experienced in reading and understanding chemical nomenclature, chemical reactions, performing stoichiometric conversions, reading SDSs and identifying key chemicals.
- Experience in air release calculations (emissions factors, emissions controls, etc.) would be preferred.
- 10 to 15+ years of EHS consulting experience in an industrial/manufacturing environment with exposure to a variety of manufacturing environments/sectors.
- Extensive experience preparing and QA/QC reviewing threshold and release calculations for TRI reporting required; experience auditing TRI calculations/programs and use of EPA’s Audit Policy for compliance issue resolution highly preferred.
- Experience developing, auditing, and/or maintaining corporate management industry standards/compliance programs (either as a consultant or an internal compliance officer).
- Expertise with USEPA and MDEQ environmental regulations and understanding of environmental permit application processes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and analytical skills; experience working with detailed technical data; experience writing and QA/QC reviewing comprehensive technical reports and calculations.
- Strong MS Office computer skills; advanced understanding of Excel mandatory; PowerPoint and Access desired.
- Advanced skill set in the use of MS Excel - experienced in the systematic organization of large data sets and preparation of complex calculations using Excel. Must be able to do lookups and multi-layer/embedded sumifs and if/then formulas.
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced consulting environment, handling multiple project assignments, meeting strict deadlines, and traveling to client facilities as needed.
- Ability to multi-task, maintain flexibility and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Professional registration desired.
- Local candidates preferred, but not required.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.