NTH Consultants, Ltd.
Training / Certification / Registration
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent. College / Vocational courses. Associates degree preferred
- MI Asbestos Inspector Certification required
- NIOSH 582 Certification required
- 40-Hour HAZWOPER with Annual Refresher preferred
Key Job Elements
- 1 to 3 years of demonstrated experience in Environmental Health and Industrial Hygiene Services, Environmental Technology, Environmental Science, Geology or Natural Resources
- Experience with asbestos and hazardous materials surveys
- Experience with asbestos, lead and mold air monitoring
- Understanding of Environmental Site Assessments
In this role you will:
- Conduct hazardous materials surveys including sampling for asbestos, lead-based paint and other regulated materials.
- Perform air monitoring and on-site microscopic analysis during asbestos abatement projects.
- Complete and submit accurate Daily Field Reports.
- Independently operate relevant field equipment.
- Assist with the preparation of technical proposals, demolition plans, and reports, including day-to-day correspondence.
- Assist with environmental site assessments for property transactions.
- Perform other field and office tasks as necessary.
Work Environment / Physical Demands
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills, be able to work in a team environment as well as independently, demonstrated team-oriented approach to problem-solving, and have strong interpersonal skills for contact with clients and fellow engineers/technicians
- Accuracy, dependability and strong organizational skills
- Exceptional time management skills, ability to manage multiple assignments at any given time, and have ability to work in a team environment
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and vehicle insurance, have reliable transportation, and be willing to travel to conduct field work at job sites
- May be required to perform job duties in the field and office, during non-standard work hours, as necessary
- Must be able to lift and carry equipment weighing up to 50 lbs
Authorized to work full-time in the U.S.A. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired are required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.AAP / EEO Statement
NTH Consultants, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
NTH Consultants, Ltd. participates in E-Verify.