Minimum of high school diploma / or equivalent.
0 to 3 years of education In college / vocational courses and/or experience preferred in the following areas:
Key Job Elements
- Environmental Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Natural Resources
- Environmental Technology
- Environmental Science / Health
- Atmospheric Science / Meteorology
- Other Natural Sciences or Physics
Air Quality (Grand Rapids)
Perform and review emission calculations. Review and summarize air quality regulations. Assist with dispersion modeling and assist with the preparation of air use permit applications, technical proposals, cost estimates, plans, technical specifications, and reports, including day-to-day correspondence.
NOTE: This is a seasonal position.
Must have strong written and oral communication skills, be able to work in a team environment as well as independently, demonstrated team-oriented approach to problem-solving, and have strong interpersonal skills for contact with clients and fellow engineers/technicians.
- Accuracy, dependability and strong organizational and time management skills to manage multiple assignments at any given time.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and vehicle insurance, have reliable transportation, and be willing to travel to and conduct field work at job sites as well as offices in Michigan.
Work Environment / Physical Demands
- May be required to perform job duties in the field and office, during non-standard work hours, as necessary.
- Must be able to lift and carry equipment weighing up to 45 lbs.
- Be willing and able to work on construction sites, including elevated platforms, manlifts, scaffolds and swing stages, and along freeway right-of-way while performing review activities.
- May be required to enter and work within confined spaces, once appropriately trained.
Ability to interact with existing clients to understand their needs.
Authorized to work full-time in the U.S.A. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired are required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
AAP / EEO Statement
NTH Consultants, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
NTH Consultants, Ltd. participates in E-Verify.