TITLE: Environmental Scientist / Engineer / Geologist
ORGANIZATION: TriMedia Environmental & Engineering
WORK LOCATION: Marshall, MI (Southwest Michigan)
TriMedia Environmental & Engineering Services, LLC (TriMedia) is accepting applications for an entry level / < 2 years experience Staff Scientist / Engineer / Geologist to join our professional team in Southwest Michigan. TriMedia specializes in environmental consulting, health & safety, industrial hygiene, geospatial data services (GIS), and land surveying, with offices located in Michigan, Wisconsin, North Dakota, Montana, and Arizona. TriMedia is an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive wage and benefit package.
The primary emphasis for this candidate will be performing due diligence services (Phase I / II ESAs, BEAs, Due Care Plans), environmental site and subsurface investigations, geologic / hydrogeologic assessments, remedial system maintenance / support, and assistance with the preparation of proposals, work plans, and reports. This candidate will also be expected to support other TriMedia service areas (health & safety, industrial hygiene, and surveying) and assist with the following activities: utility locating and surveying services of underground utilities, storm water inspection services, and GIS mapping for the Downstate TriMedia Region.
The ability to travel to any of our various work sites is necessary as work assignments will include both field and office work, including terrain typical of construction sites, within facilities that include limited accessibility, moving machinery, and other conditions typical of industrial facilities. Participation in a medical surveillance program will be required, and safety training will be provided before being assigned to work. Candidates must be self-motivated and have the ability to make sound practical decisions and adhere to corporate procedures and client service protocols.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
· Bachelor of Science degree in Environmental Sciences, Engineering, Geology, or related discipline.
- Willing and able to travel, as needed.
- Familiar with site assessment / surface investigation processes including drilling and environmental sampling techniques and procedures, data interpretation and evaluation, and the preparation of geologic boring logs, geologic cross-sections and groundwater contour maps.
- A strong aptitude for meeting deadlines and maintaining project compliance status.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, positive attitude, and ability to work both independently and within groups.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
- Completed 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER health and safety training.
- Must pass a physical examination and background check as a condition of employment.
TriMedia is a drug free employer and undertakes drug and alcohol testing as allowed by law and pursuant to its Drug Free Workplace Policy. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. This organization participates in E-Verify.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit a resume to email@example.com. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.