Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent. College / Vocational courses. Associates degree preferred.
- 1 to 3 years of demonstrated experience in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Technology, Environmental Science, Geology and Natural Resources
- Background in subsurface investigations including soil and groundwater sampling
- Understanding of Environmental Site Assessments
- Conducting or assisting in wetland boundary delineations and determinations a plus
Key Job Elements
In this role you will:
- Assist with SPCC & contingency plans
- Assist with PIP and SWPP plans
- Assist and perform stormwater monitoring and sampling
- Assist and perform stormwater exfiltration tests and similar
- Assist with preparation of soil erosion plans and inspections
- Assist with preparation of quarterly groundwater reports
- Assist with and perform Phase I Environmental Site Assessments for property transactions
- Assist and perform construction testing and use of testing equipment such as Troxler
- Complete and submit accurate Daily Field Reports and observer reports
- Independently operate relevant equipment
- Perform other field and office tasks as necessary
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills, be able to work in a team environment as well as independently, demonstrated team-oriented approach to problem-solving, and have strong interpersonal skills for contact with clients and fellow engineers/technicians.
- Accuracy, dependability and strong organizational skills.
- Exceptional time management skills, ability to manage multiple assignments at any given time, and have ability to work in a team environment.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and vehicle insurance, have reliable transportation, and be willing to travel to and conduct field work at job sites throughout Michigan.
- Michigan Commercial Stormwater Operator Certification a plus
- Michigan Industrial Stormwater Operator Certification a plus
- Knowledge and use of ArcGIS Pro a plus
Work Environment / Physical Demands
- May be required to perform job duties in the field and office, during non-standard work hours, as necessary.
- Must be able to lift and carry equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work in an outdoor environment that can be hot, cold, uneven ground, with insects and similar.
Leadership and Project Management Experience
- Must be able to work on multiple projects for multiple project managers within budgets and deadlines.
- Ability to interact with existing clients to understand their needs.
Authorized to work full-time in the U.S.A. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired are required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
AAP / EEO Statement
NTH Consultants, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
NTH Consultants, Ltd. participates in E-Verify.