Environmental Project Scientist Position
For over 30 years, Envirologic has served as a full-service environmental consulting firm dedicated to assisting clients in solving complex development, redevelopment, and cleanup challenges. Based in Kalamazoo, Michigan, Envirologic supports brownfield redevelopment, environmental investigation and remediation, compliance, environmental due diligence services, and more throughout Michigan, the Great Lakes region, and other states.
Due to our continued growth, we are seeking an Environmental Project Scientist to join our staff in Kalamazoo, Michigan. The successful candidate would join our experienced environmental due diligence team performing projects such as Phase I and II Environmental Site Assessments. Two to five years of relevant experience is desired.
- Conduct Phase I Environmental Site Assessments of vacant, developed, and industrial properties
- Historical research
- Interviews with knowledgeable persons
- Review databases and technical reports
- Site inspections
- Report preparation
- Conduct Phase II soil and groundwater sampling projects
- Health and Safety Planning
- Sampling and Analysis Plans
- Conduct field work
- Data evaluation and report preparation
- Prepare Baseline Environmental Assessments and Due Care Documents
- Provide support for brownfield-related activities
- Hazardous materials surveys
- Support due diligence, site investigation, regulatory compliance, and ecological services projects
- BS/BA in traditional sciences (environmental science, biology, geology, chemistry)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and technical writing capabilities
- Valid driver's license
- Strong health & safety knowledge and prior 40-Hour OSHA (29 CFR 1910.120) HAZWOPER health and safety training preferred
Competitive salary and benefits package.
Equal Opportunity Employer. We see Diversity Equity and Inclusion as more than just policies and practices; it is an integral part of who we are as a company, how we operate, and how we see our future.
Submit resume to:
David A. Stegink
Vice President, Manager of Redevelopment Services
2960 Interstate Parkway
Kalamazoo, MI 49048