Antea USA, Inc. (Antea®Group) is seeking an Environmental Project Manager in our Detroit, MI (Novi address) office location. This position is structured for someone with technical experience and expertise and will combine technical, financial, and interpersonal management skills while working with a team of engineers, geologists, health and safety specialists, and subcontractors.
This is a full-time role with up to 30 % in regional travel, required.
**This role is eligible for a signing bonus of up to $10,000 **
Apply at: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=b5362f12-1ec2-4e66-90bf-9583d4a94928&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=414531&lang=en_US&source=CC4
Essential functions include but are not limited to:
- Manage environmental projects, site characterization, remedial designs, and preparation of reports and other related documentation,
- Perform, coordinate, and oversee project work involving site investigation, risk assessment and remediation of soil, groundwater, and sediments with moderate to complex technical/regulatory issues with oil & gas clients.
- Evaluate remedial alternatives and assist clients to develop and negotiate cost-effective closure strategies with regulatory agencies.
- Prepare or peer review a variety of work plans and reports; and develop scopes of work, schedules, costs and health and safety plans for projects under RCRA, CERCLA and other state programs.
- Actively drive projects forward based on clear understanding of project objectives and regulatory requirements
- Build strong collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders (i.e., project team, clients, regulatory agencies, and subcontractors)
- Support direct report experience including all facets of team building, HR management, performance evaluations, and junior staff mentoring/training
- Sub-contractor coordination including bid spec development, contracting and insurance/safety review, project award and field supervision
Education and Training
- A minimum requirement of a degree in Geology, Engineering, Environmental Science, or related scientific field
- Minimum of 5 years of environmental consulting experience
- Professional certification in a related field (PE, PG, LEP, LSP, CHMM) a plus
- OSHA 10 or OSHA 30 Construction Safety certification a plus
- 40-Hour HAZWOPER training is required
- Proven track record of strong project management performance in environmental consulting or related field
- Experience in environmental remediation, compliance, and due diligence
- Experience in petroleum, refinery, terminal and pipelines, railroad, and UST projects, including up to date investigation and remediation technical approaches in Michigan
- Experience in pushing projects through regulatory programs and negotiating no further action or closure particular to Part 201 or Part 213 regulations, a plus
- Multi-state regulatory experience with skills advancing projects from new release through final regulatory closure, including use of applicable risk-based closure standards
Fundamental Skill Set
- Strong organizational skills/attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, especially writing skills
- High energy and self-initiative
- Decision making skills
- Ability to multi-task with multiple project managers
- Ability to work independently and produce results
- Proactive thinking
- Demonstrated organizational and communication skills, particularly proficient in technical writing
- Ability to delegate to and mentor staff resources
- Ability to identify staffing needs evaluating portfolio level scope/schedule backlog
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship, now or in the future.
- Compliance with any client requirements, including but not limited to COVID-19 vaccine mandates
- Potential employees must pass a company-paid physical exam, drug-screen and have a valid driver's license and possess a safe driving record.
Antea®Group focuses strongly upon safety in all aspects of our operations, in the field, the office, and while traveling. The successful candidate must likewise consider safety as paramount and demonstrate an awareness of safe operations.
Physical Requirements / Work Environment - Maintain physical condition appropriate to the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities, which may include the following:
- Sedentary to light work (typical office or administrative work)
- Frequently required to stand, sit and walk for extended periods of time
- Occasional lifting and carrying of low (under 25lbs) to moderate (25-49lbs) weight objects
- Repetitive motions: substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers (including reaching)
- Subject to inside environmental conditions (protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature change)
- Operation of a motor vehicle
Additionally, if you completing client meetings or client project site visits you will need to complete a medical surveillance/fitness-for-duty examination and maintain physical condition appropriate to the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities which may include the following
- Medium to heavy work
- Subject to outside environmental conditions: heat/cold, wind, wet and/or humid, etc.
- Occasional stooping (bending body downward and forward), kneeling (bending legs at knee), crouching (bending body downward and forward) and climbing
- Frequent lifting (including push/pull, hold/carry) of light, moderate and possibly heavy weight objects
- Subject to hazards, including a variety of physical conditions, including but not limited to: proximity to moving vehicles, parts or equipment; exposure to chemicals; pressure (including noise); electrical hazards; biological hazards; excavation/trenching; confined spaces; elevated work; materials handling
- May be required to wear an air purifying respirator
Antea Group offers excellent benefits to its full-time and part-time employees including, but not limited to: medical, dental, and vision plans; 401(k); disability; life insurance; paid time off; and a comprehensive wellness program.
Antea USA, Inc. (Antea®Group) is an EEO/AA Employer
Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity and other protected categories
NO RECRUITERS PLEASE
NO VISA SPONSORSHIP AT THIS TIME