Position Available: Environmental Due Diligence Specialist
Location: Wixom/Detroit, Michigan
Environmental Resources Group (ERG) is seeking a reliable and motivated individual with experience in environmental due diligence. This position is an addition to the Due Diligence group with the primary role to conduct environmental assessments (e.g., Phase I & II Environmental Site Assessments (ESAs), Baseline Environmental Assessments, and due care evaluations). An ideal candidate has proficient writing skills, in depth attention to detail, and enthusiasm for customer communication/service and teamwork. The candidate will be responsible for developing project budgets/scope of work, pursuing sales opportunities, and developing the Due Diligence group staff.
- Prepare Phase I ESAs, Transaction Screens, Records Search with Risk Assessments, Baseline Environmental Assessments (BEAs), Documentation of Due Care Compliance, and other technical reports.
- Coordinate/conduct Phase II ESAs.
- Compile and evaluate data for technical reports.
- Assist in quality assurance/quality control of technical reports (i.e., tables, analytical, figures, etc.).
- Provide support to ERG project managers and clients regarding Due Diligence/ESA’s, BEA’s, and Due Care.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in environmental science, engineering, geosciences, or related field.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Thorough and careful research skills.
- Excellent verbal communication, technical writing, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to think and work independently, multi-task, solve problems, work well under pressure in fast-paced situations, form opinions, and make key decisions.
- Ability to receive constructive criticism, maintain openness to learn, and collaborate with team members.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat.
- 40-hour HAZWOPER/updated required.
Interested individuals may submit a resume to Robert J. Zwald, Executive Vice President | Due Diligence Practice Lead at Bob.Zwald@ERGrp.net.