Description of Company
Environmental Resources Group, LLC (ERG) is a premier, fully integrated professional environmental services firm positioned to service public and private sector clients. ERG employs engineers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals. The firm is a leader in the key markets that it serves, including agriculture, transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, and government. More information on ERG and its services can be found at www.ERGrp.net. Please e-mail your resume to info@ERGrp.net.
ERG offers a highly competitive benefits package. Our senior professionals mentor and train our employees to develop and grow their careers.Industrial Hygienist/Technician positions
ERG is seeking persons to join our company to serve as Industrial Hygienist Technicians. ERG is a leading provider of asbestos, lead-based paint, indoor air quality, and a wide variety of industrial hygiene testing and consulting services. The Industrial Hygiene Technician will be responsible for conducting sampling, drafting technical reports, and other environmental testing and consulting services. The selected candidates will be trained and are expected to quickly develop skills as needed to execute projects.
This is a full-time position. Work hours typically are (Monday-Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.), but can vary depending on individual project requirements. Additional overtime and weekend work will periodically be required to support project specific deadlines.
- Complete projects in a safe, compliant, and timely manner.
- Conduct asbestos air monitoring with project oversight.
- Analyze collected air samples at the project site.
- Accurately record project information and sample data for reporting purposes.
- Analyze sample data and prepare reports.
- Working toward a bachelor’s degree in a science-related discipline or experience with asbestos abatement or air monitoring or certification(s) in asbestos inspections
- Proficiency with computers, especially Microsoft Office, primarily Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to work effectively, both independently and in a team environment, in an atmosphere of multiple projects, shifting priorities, and deadlines.
- Desire to learn and grow in the environmental consulting field.
- Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours as required to complete projects.
- Ability and willingness to travel to project sites throughout Michigan.
- Possess physical strength and stamina to lift 40 pounds and wear a respirator for extended periods of time.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and have a safe driving record.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and a criminal background check.