EHS Professional (Engineer / Scientist) (Livonia, MI)
GZA GeoEnvironmental, Inc. (GZA) is currently seeking an experienced Environmental Engineer / Scientist or Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Professional to join our team. This position would be based out of our Livonia, MI office. The ideal candidate must be a highly motivated independent self-starter with a client-oriented focus. The position will include performing various technical tasks, conducting complex analyses and calculations, and preparing various types of reports and documents including regulatory programs, audit reports, permit applications, and environmental management-system-related documentation. Some travel and overnight stays may be required at times. This position may also involve being outsourced to client facilities.
The successful candidate will work on a fast-paced team of Scientists, Engineers, Project Managers, and Principals. Our close-knit culture at GZA will allow you to grow professionally. You will quickly be managing projects with an opportunity to impact the growth of individual clients and the overall practice. You will work closely with seasoned professionals, who will in turn look to you to share technical knowledge and ideas. Our success relies on this collaborative environment.
Primary responsibilities involve:
Technical project execution in the following regulatory program areas:
- Air emissions permitting and control
- EH&S compliance auditing
- Wastewater/stormwater permitting, monitoring, and reporting
- Hazardous waste management
- SPCC/SWPPP/ICP development
- OSHA program development
- Personnel training
- Industrial wastewater pretreatment
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Project Management Skills and Budgeting
- Business Development Activities
- Attending Conferences/Continuing Education in Technical Practice Area
- Engaging in Staff Development for Junior and Mid-level Staff
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, science, health, or related technical field (Master’s Degree a plus)
- 10+ years of relevant experience and knowledge of applicable EH&S laws and regulations
- Ability to complete tasks independently and within a team
- Exceptional professional judgment, consistency, and strong attention to detail
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with project team members, regulatory agency representatives, contractors, clients, etc.
- Experience preparing reports that demonstrate technical knowledge and strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven business development skills and active participation in professional activities
- Completed 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER training (preferred)
- Professional development and enrichment.
- Opportunity to work in a wide range of engineering, manufacturing, and industrial environments.
- Generous, company-subsidized benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, tuition reimbursement, and 401K retirement plan.
- Longstanding commitment to technical excellence.
**** To apply, please got to www.gza.com/careers ****