Project Manager - Air Quality Compliance (Midwest)
GZA GeoEnvironmental, Inc. (GZA) is currently seeking a Project Manager-Level Air Quality Compliance Specialist to join our team. The ideal candidate must be a highly motivated independent self-starter with a client-oriented focus. The position will include performing various technical tasks at client facilities, conducting complex technical analyses and calculations, and preparing various types of reports and documents including regulatory programs, audit reports, permit applications, and environmental management-system-related documentation. Candidate will also need to be able to mentor air staff and grow internal and external relationships. Some travel and overnight stays may be required at times.
Successful candidates will have a strong background in Air Quality and Air Pollution Control, Environmental Engineering, and Environmental Regulatory Compliance. Knowledge of Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois, and other Midwest state regulations are strongly preferred.
Primary responsibilities involve:
Technical project execution and professional experience with state and federal air programs including:
- Air emissions permitting and control (emissions inventories, chemical mass balances, permit applications, emissions and monitoring reporting, compliance reporting, and regulatory applicability evaluations)
- Evaluation of potential air quality impacts using air quality dispersion models
- Familiarity with Federal and State Permit and Regulatory Programs, such as PSD/NSR, Title V, MACT, NSPS, NESHAP
- Experience with State Fee Reporting Systems, such as MAERS, SLEIS, EMITS
- Knowledge of additional regulatory compliance programs (RCRA, SWPPP, SPCC, etc.) is ideal.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or a related engineering or scientific degree (Master’s Degree a plus)
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience and knowledge of applicable air pollution control laws and regulations
- Ability to complete tasks independently and within a team
- Experience with industrial compliance and permitting projects, including knowledge of emissions estimation techniques
- Knowledge of refined air quality dispersion modeling techniques (experienced modeler a plus)
- Exceptional professional judgment, consistency, and strong attention to detail
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with project team members, regulatory agency representatives, contractors, clients, etc.
- Experience preparing reports that demonstrate technical knowledge and strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven business development skills and active participation in professional activities
- Professional Licensure or Registration strongly encouraged (i.e., EIT, PE, CHMM, etc.)
- Professional development and enrichment.
- Opportunity to work in a wide range of engineering, manufacturing, and industrial environments.
- Generous, company-subsidized benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, tuition reimbursement, and 401K retirement plan.
- Longstanding commitment to technical excellence.
**** To apply, please got to www.gza.com/careers ****