ENVIRONMENTAL STAFF PROFESSIONAL
Who we are
NTH Consultants, Ltd. (NTH) has been providing professional engineering consulting services to the energy, community development, industry, transportation, and water markets since 1968. From a small, Detroit-based, geotechnical engineering firm, our company has grown into to a nationally recognized, full service infrastructure and environmental consulting firm, providing a wide range of services in civil design, geotechnical engineering, environmental engineering, and facilities engineering. Those who join our team will see first-hand the impact they have on the environment, public infrastructure, renewable energy, and community development efforts through exciting, high-profile, and challenging projects. Every day, our staff solves problems and overcomes challenges that make an immediate difference to our clients and the people they serve.
A day in the life of an Environmental Staff Professional at NTH
- Interact closely with team members and clients.
- Perform and review emission calculations.
- Assist with dispersion modeling analyses.
- Perform groundwater and/or wastewater sampling in the field.
- Coordinate environmental sampling programs and interface with regulatory agencies.
- Perform hazardous materials surveys and asbestos abatement.
- Perform Phase I/II/BEA due diligence field work and prepare associated reports.
- Assist in remediation and redevelopment projects.
- Assist in environmental permit strategy and evaluation for a variety of industrial, utility, and municipal clients.
- Review process flow and piping and instrumentation diagrams and participate in review of process hazards.
- Review and summarize air quality and other environmental regulations.
- Assist with the preparation of technical reports, regulatory applicability studies, plans, technical specifications, and presentations, including day-to-day correspondence.
What you need to apply
- Bachelor of Science degree in Environmental Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or related degree, from a 4-year accredited college or university.
- 0 - 5 years of experience in regulatory environmental permitting and compliance.
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills, be able to work in a team environment as well as independently, demonstrated team-oriented approach to problem-solving, and have strong interpersonal skills for contact with clients and fellow engineers/technicians.
- Must have strong Microsoft Excel skills.
- Must be able to work on multiple projects for multiple project managers within budgets and deadlines.
- Must express a desire to learn all aspects of being a successful consulting professional.
- Ability to interact with existing clients to understand their needs.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and vehicle insurance and be willing to travel to and conduct field work at job sites as well as offices in Michigan.
- May be required to perform job duties in the field and office, during non-standard work hours, as necessary.
- Must be able to lift and carry equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
- EIT for engineering disciplines.
- Asbestos certification a plus.
- Air permitting and dispersion modeling experience.
- Process safety management experience.
- xperience in manufacturing or operations/plant environment.
What you will enjoy (the perks!)
- Become an employee owner with us: company contributions to a qualified retirement plan through the Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
- We believe in work life balance: Flexible and hybrid work schedules available.
- Generous PTO package and paid holidays.
- Participation in our total rewards program with competitive salaries, and low-cost health plans.
- Cafeteria plan options for health, dental, vision plans, and a 401K plan with a company match.
- Company paid employee assistance program for employees & families.
- Paid parental leave.
- Give back to the community through various volunteer events and fundraisers.
- Tuition reimbursement for our life-long learners.
- Professional development opportunities & paid professional memberships.
Why choose us?
In 2023, NTH has been named a Crain’s Best Place to Work, and a National & Metro Detroit’s Best and Brightest Company.
As an employee-owned firm, we take our work seriously, but we know how to have fun. We promote a relaxed company culture that focuses on improving not only our staff members' professional life, but also their personal life. We regularly schedule company activities which support employee ownership, such as golf outings, off-site company holiday party, food trucks, book clubs, ESOP month Oktoberfest celebrations, and many more team building events. We also offer a robust engagement program that focuses on all aspects of wellness. Opportunities include regular challenges, educational presentations and health initiatives, impromptu activities such as group lunch walks, healthy snack days, after work bike outings, and more.
Authorized to work full-time in the U.S.A. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired are required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
AAP / EEO Statement
NTH Consultants, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
NTH Consultants, Ltd. participates in E-Verify. Apply on our website at: https://www.nthconsultants.com/career-opportunities.html