NTH Consultants, Ltd. is a regionally recognized engineering firm specializing in in civil, environmental and geotechnical engineering.
Over our 45+ year history, we have built a reputation for providing innovative solutions to daunting engineering challenges, with industryleading
specialists, who help our clients achieve their immediate and long-term goals.
Solid talent is hard to find, and as we continue to grow, it is more important than ever to add quality people who embrace a culture
committed to client satisfaction, teamwork, professionalism and continuous learning. We are searching for a CIVIL DESIGN ENGINEER
who fits this culture and is interested in joining our team in Northville, Michigan.
Candidates should thrive in a fast-paced, client service environment. To be successful in this role, you must have strong technical
problem-solving and people skills as well as good written and oral communication skills. You must be able to work independently and in
a team environment.
Bachelors of Science in Civil Engineering with a focus on Site/Civil Design from a 4-year accredited college or university. Master’s Degree preferred, but not required.
Successful completion of Fundamentals of Engineering exam, EIT, or EI required. Professional Registration or ability to attain professional registration in the State of Michigan within 12 months preferred.
- 3-5 years of demonstrated site development experience including site layout, grading, sewer and other utility design, pavement design, permitting, budgeting, jurisdictional agency interaction, and other related project activities
- Ability to support a multi-disciplinary team on projects with minimal oversight
- Expert-level AutoCAD proficiency required, Civil 3D or Infrastructure Suite experience a Plus
- Hydrologic and Hydraulic Modeling software experience, including proficient use with HECHMS, SWMM, Storm and Sanitary Analysis or others a Plus
- Be willing and able to work on construction sites, performing review activities
- Understand, read, and prepare design drawings and specifications
- Previous experience with an engineering consulting firm preferred.
KEY JOB ELEMENTS
In this role, you will:
- Prepare and review contract documents, designs and specifications for civil projects.
- Assist with the preparation of technical proposals, cost estimates, plans, technical specifications, and reports, including day to day correspondences.
- Assess feasibility and soundness of proposed site civil and development features.
- Prepare site design calculations under the direction of Project Engineers.
- Perform a variety of engineering analyses and calculations, with and without the use of engineering software.
- Develop design details and specify appropriate construction materials.
- Coordinate construction quality control services, conduct periodic site visits, and review daily field reports prepared by others.
- Develop and present project-specific or technical presentations to clients, technical organizations, and in-house staff.
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills, be able to work in a team environment as well as independently, demonstrated team-oriented approach to problem solving, and have strong interpersonal skills for contact with clients and fellow engineers/technicians.
- Accuracy, dependability and strong organizational skills
- Have the ability to manage multiple assignments at any given time, and have ability to work in a team environment.
- May be required to perform job duties in the field and office, during non-standard work hours, as necessary.
- Must be able to lift and carry equipment weighing up to 45 pounds.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license, and willing to travel to and conduct field work at job sites/offices in Michigan and Ohio.
LEADERSHIP AND PROJECT MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE
- Project planning, budgeting, task delegation, and scheduling to ensure project is completed
- according to established budgets and schedules
- Must be able to work on multiple projects for multiple project managers within budgets and deadlines.
- Conduct periodic site / client visits, attend project and business development meetings.
- Assist in developing business strategies and action plans for creating growth opportunities.
NTH Consultants, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or