Ecologist in Cincinnati, Ohio
Business Line Environment
Position Title Ecologist
United States of America - Ohio
The Environment Division of AECOM is actively seeking a creative, highly talented Ecologist for immediate employment in the Cincinnati, OH office. The successful candidate will work in an interdisciplinary team-oriented environment. The Cincinnati ecology group conducts a wide variety of projects including environmental field assessments, environmental regulatory permitting, utility siting and licensing, environmental inspection, and many others. Successful candidate will primarily work on projects in Ohio and adjacent states as part of AECOM’s regional ecological group. Periodically there are opportunities to work on projects further than the typical project range if candidate is interested.
The following are major functions that the candidate can expect to do at AECOM:
- Stream, wetland and wildlife habitat assessments
- Writing wetland delineation reports, function assessments, mitigation plans, and environmental compliance/permitting documents
- Environmental inspection/monitoring of construction projects
- Coordinating with various governmental agencies (USFWS, USACE, etc.)
- Preparing biological evaluations/assessments preparing EIS and EAs
- Bachelors degree in Environmental Science, Ecology, Environmental Studies, Biology or related field
- 3+ years of data collection, data review and preparation of scientific documents
- Experience writing wetland delineation reports
- Must have valid driver's license
- Must be able to travel regularly and conduct field assessments
- Knowledge of wetland delineations, stream assessments, technical reports, Section 401/404 permitting and mitigation requirements
- 4+ years of experience conducting wetland delineations and stream assessments, preferably in Ohio and surrounding states
- Experience leading a wetland delineation crew and/or is on the cusp of a field leads abilities, i.e. they are familiar with the typical responsibilities of the field lead role
- Experience with use of ArcGIS, Trimble GPS units and Terrasync software, managing tasks and managing personnel on field teams
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here at http://www.aecom.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/EEO-is-the-Law-poster-supplement.pdf to view the EEO Is The Law poster.