Ecology Manager in Cincinnati, Ohio
Business Line Environment
Position Title Ecology Manager
United States of America - Ohio
The Environment Division of AECOM is actively seeking an experienced, highly talented Ecology Manager for immediate employment in the Cincinnati, OH office. The successful candidate will work in an interdisciplinary team-oriented environment. The Cincinnati Impact Assessment and Permitting group conducts a wide variety of projects including environmental field assessments, environmental regulatory permitting, utility siting and licensing, environmental inspection, and many others. Successful candidate will be tasked with managing and growing an ecology team of approximately 5-7 junior- to mid-level ecologists. The group primarily works on projects in Ohio and adjacent states as part of AECOM’s regional ecological group. Periodically there are opportunities to work on projects further than the typical project range if candidate is interested.
- Stream, wetland and wildlife habitat assessments
- Writing wetland delineation reports, function assessments, mitigation plans, and environmental compliance/permitting documents
- Staff, task, and project management
- Coordination with various governmental agencies (USFWS, USACE, etc.)
- Preparing biological evaluations/assessments
- Bachelors of Arts or Bachelors of Science degree in Environmental Science, Ecology, Environmental Studies, Biology or related field
- 10+ years of data collection, data review, preparation of scientific documents and experience with agency coordination for rare, threatened and endangered species
- Experience writing, reviewing, and leading wetland delineation reports
- Must have valid driver's license
- Knowledge of wetland delineations, stream assessments, technical reports, Section 401/404 permitting and mitigation requirements
- Experience working with clients (new and existing) and marketing for new business
- 10+ years of experience conducting wetland delineations and stream assessments, preferably in Ohio and surrounding states
- The candidate should have experience leading multiple wetland delineation crews on major projects
- Experience with use of ArcGIS, Trimble GPS units and Terrasync software, managing tasks and managing personnel on field teams
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here at http://www.aecom.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/EEO-is-the-Law-poster-supplement.pdf to view the EEO Is The Law poster.