Junior Environmental Engineer or Geologist
We are seeking an exceptional junior environmental engineer or geologist to help grow our contaminated site assessment & remediation and process design practices in our Ann Arbor, MI office. Our ideal candidate would have between 2 and 5 years of experience. As an environmental engineer or geologist, you get to apply your academic knowledge to real-world situations involving contaminated site assessment & remediation, groundwater management, water treatment, and environmental due diligence, while also learning the business skills needed for a successful consulting career.
Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Ranked by ENR in the top 20 design firms for the environment, Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.com.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Is this the right position to help you achieve your professional goals? We expect that the selected candidate will work on a diverse array of complex contaminated site projects throughout the Midwest and the US. The typical project portfolio includes investigation and remediation projects for sites in state voluntary clean-up programs as well as RCRA and CERCLA sites. Projects also include working with industrial clients on a variety of environmental issues including remediation system design and optimization, compliance reporting and remediation waste management.
Some of the key responsibilities for the junior environmental engineer or geologist position include:
- Fieldwork such as soil, surface water, air monitoring, and groundwater sampling, drilling and contractor oversight, soil boring logging, and remediation treatment system operation and maintenance;
- Data analysis, including preparing tables, maps, and figures using AutoCAD, GIS, and/or Environmental Visualization Software (EVS) applications, and database management;
- Performing remediation system operation and maintenance services; and,
- Evaluating chemical and hydrogeological data, including mapping and reporting.
- BS in earth science (geology, hydrogeology, or geochemistry) or engineering (environmental or civil preferred) and an academic track record entailing research in contaminated media or geologic/hydrogeologic studies. (required)
- Advanced degree in the same. (preferred)
- Two to five years of work experience. (required)
- Project experience involving environmental field investigations including groundwater and surface water monitoring and drilling. (preferred)
- Experience with ArcView, Microsoft Office Suite, Modflow, and/or EVS. (valuable)
- Ability to obtain professional certification (P.E., P.G. or equivalent). (required)
- Current OSHA 40-hr HAZWOPER training and refreshers. (preferred)
- Valid driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record. (required)
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/
REQ NO: JUNIO01470