Staff Geologist/Engineer/Environmental Consultant
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Full-time position available for a self-motivated Environmental Professional proficient in completing standard Phase I and Phase II ESA projects. Candidates must understand the components of project management and be capable of completing multiple, technically accurate, on time and within budget project assignments. This is considered a staff to mid-level Project Management position depending on qualifications. Position duties/requirements will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in completing ASTM/AAI compliant Phase I ESAs
- Ability to develop appropriate Phase II ESA scopes-of-work to assess recognized environmental conditions (RECs) identified in Phase I ESAs
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in completing Phase II ESAs including soil, groundwater, soil gas, and indoor air sample collection techniques
- Working knowledge and experience with Michigan's BEA and Due Care program
- UST/LUST assessment/reporting experience preferred
- Communicate with regulatory agencies (EPA, MDEQ, and local counterparts)
- Business development capability considered a plus
- HAZWOPER trained
- Proficient with MS Office
- Valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record
- Willingness to travel, including air travel
- Asbestos inspector’s license considered a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in geology, engineering, or a scientific discipline
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
In order to be considered for this position you MUST have experience preparing Phase I ESAs (all aspects from research to report preparation).
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Please submit resume and cover letter to Cheryl Ryan at firstname.lastname@example.org.