ERM is seeking an experienced Environmental Compliance Consultant/Engineer to join our growing Performance & Assurance consulting team in Holland, MI. The successful candidate will work on a variety of technically challenging projects for clients in the energy, chemical and manufacturing sectors locally and nationally with increasing responsibility for task/project management duties. This is an excellent career opportunity to work with an expert consulting team on challenging environmental management projects for large industrial and global clients. Access to ERM's national Performance & Assurance experts also provides knowledge sharing of best practices across the industry and ongoing learning opportunities for our team.
- Provide technical assistance/guidance on EHS compliance assurance projects.
- Provide environmental compliance support to clients, including on-site assistance as needed.
- Develop and review plans, permits, procedures and reports for air quality, hazardous waste, spill prevention, storm water, and wastewater program compliance.
- Perform environmental compliance audits and implement follow-up corrective actions to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Prepare threshold/release calculations in support of Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act (EPCRA) Tier II and Toxic Release Inventory (TRI) reporting for multiple sectors.
- Implement environmental management systems and programs for corporate clients.
- Perform litigation support projects under attorney-client privilege and EPA’s Audit Policy.
- Prepare technical proposals and participate in business development with existing clients and identified leads. Maintain client relationships that generate repeat business.
- Manage multiple projects within scope/budget/schedule expectations and ensure quality standards on project deliverables.
- Communicate with clients, ERM employees, and vendors.
- BS in environmental or chemical engineering, chemistry, environmental science, or related discipline; MS a plus.
- 5 to 10 years of environmental compliance experience; consulting and management systems experience preferred.
- Experience developing, auditing, and/or maintaining corporate management industry standards/compliance programs (either as a consultant or an internal compliance officer).
- Familiarity with USEPA and MDEQ environmental regulations and understanding of environmental permit application processes.
- Strong MS Office computer skills; advanced understanding of Excel required; PowerPoint and Access desired.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and analytical skills; experience with detailed technical data and writing comprehensive technical reports.
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced consulting environment, handling multiple project assignments, meeting strict deadlines, and traveling to client facilities as needed.
- Professional registration desired, or motivation to obtain.
- Local candidates preferred, but not required.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter. Qualified candidates will be contacted by email, and requested to complete a video questionnaire. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.