Position Available: Due Diligence Environmental Consultant with 3-5 years of experience
Triterra is a professional environmental consulting firm specializing in brownfield development, environmental consulting, and natural resource management services. We are currently seeking an environmental consultant specializing in due diligence with 3-5 years of experience to join our Lansing, Michigan office. The ideal candidate would have enthusiasm for team collaboration and confidence working independently; general understanding of commercial real estate lending and finance; and experience evaluating various types of sites (manufacturing, industrial, mixed-use, LUST, NPL, etc.).
The primary role of this full-time job will be to support our Due Diligence group and assist in management of Phase I ESAs, Phase II ESAs, and other due diligence tasks/reports.
- Review and prepare Phase I ESAs, Transaction Screens, RSRAs, BEAs, etc.
- Assist in Phase II ESA scope development and implementation
- Coordinate and conduct field work, including oversight of soil borings and soil, groundwater, and soil gas sampling
- Compile and evaluate data for technical reporting and/or further evaluation
- Perform quality assurance/quality control on aspects of technical reports (tables/analytical, figures, etc.)
- Perform tasks within project scope, budget, and schedule; and ensure quality standards are met
- Mentor staff, demonstrate leadership, and support other Triterra services
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in geology, environmental science, or related scientific field
- 3-5 years of environmental due diligence experience
- Familiarity with EGLE regulations and guidelines; Knowledge of Part 201 and Part 213
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal communication, technical writing, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to think and work independently, multi-task, and work well under pressure
- Ability to receive constructive criticism and maintain openness to learn
- 40-hour HAZWOPER training
- Must be able to pass background check and must possess a current state issued driver’s license
Interested individuals may contact Ruthie Doering, Project Geologist | Manager of Due Diligence firstname.lastname@example.org or 517-853-2153