TriMedia Environmental & Engineering seeks a hard-working Field Engineer/Geologist in Kalamazoo, MI. As a Field Engineer/Geologist, you will travel between both field and office worksites to conduct and report on environmental site and geologic assessments. The ideal candidate is self-motivated and can make sound, practical decisions while adhering to corporate procedures and client service protocols.
- Performing environmental site and subsurface investigations
- Conducting geologic/ hydrogeological assessments
- Maintaining and supporting the remedial system
- Assisting with the preparation of proposals, work plans, and reports
- Supporting other service areas:
- incident response services
- health & safety
- industrial hygiene
- Assisting with other activities, including:
- utility locating and surveying services of underground utilities
- stormwater inspection services
- GIS mapping
- Other duties as needed
COMPENSATION TriMedia puts great value in the Field Environmental/Geologist position by offering a highly competitive wage as well as an excellent benefits package.
- B.S. in Civil/Environmental Engineering, Geology, Environmental Science or related field
- Willing and able to travel, as needed
- Possess a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record
- Ability to pass a physical exam and background check
- Strong project management skill
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Ability to work both independently and within groups
- Ability to participate in a medical surveillance program and safety training
- Completed 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER health and safety training
- Experience working as a Staff Scientist/Engineer/Geologist
- Air/particulate monitoring experience
- Familiarity with site assessment/surface investigation processes including drilling and environmental sampling techniques and procedures, USCS familiarity, data interpretation and evaluation, and the preparation of geologic boring logs, geologic cross-sections, and groundwater contour maps.
APPLY ONLINE NOW.
Please, no phone calls or walk-ins.
ABOUT: TriMedia Environmental and Engineering Services, LLC is a professional service company that provides clients with value-added solutions. Established in 1995, TriMedia offers a full range of services, including industrial hygiene, environmental, health and safety, land surveying, and geographic information systems (GIS) services. TriMedia continues to serve public, private, educational, mining, railroad, industrial, commercial, utility, and manufacturing organizations throughout the Midwest and North America with offices located in Michigan, Wisconsin, Nebraska, North Dakota, Montana, and Arizona. Learn more at trimediaee.com.
TRIMEDIA is an equal opportunity employee.
TRIMEDIA is a drug-free employer and undertakes drug and alcohol testing as allowed by law and pursuant to its Drug-Free Workplace Policy. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. This organization participates in E-Verify.