NTH Consultants, Ltd.
Business Unit Lead – Environmental Services Job Description
Bachelor’s of Science degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering, Environmental Technology, Environmental Science / Health, Natural Resources, or related degree, from a 4-year accredited college or university. Master’s degree preferred.
Professional registration a plus
Oversight and management of NTH’s Environmental Operations, including business development, client and project management, as well as staff recruitment / retention and growth.
15+ years of demonstrated experience in Civil or Environmental Engineering, Environmental Technology, Environmental Science / Health, or Natural Resources, including:
- Air quality services, including permitting and compliance
- Civil design engineering for site development and stormwater management
- Environmental compliance assessments and audits
- Hydrogeologic studies
- Landfill engineering services
- Environmental site assessments, including Phase I/II/BEA/Due Care
- Environmental risk assessments including complex issue analysis
- Ecological studies, services and permitting
- Threatened and endangered species studies
- Wetland Determinations, permitting and mitigation
- Remedial investigation/feasibility studies (RI/FS)
- Facility decommissioning
- Storage tank management
- Water quality services, including permitting and compliance
- Land redevelopment
- Industrial hygiene
- Experience in project planning, budgeting, delegation and management to ensure compliance with project requirements
- Experience negotiating project scope and fees with clients
- Experience advocating for clients and projects with federal, state and local regulatory agencies
- Experience leading and growing a team of diverse environmental professionals
- Experience with various environmental programs and as a subject matter expert
Key Job Elements
In this role you will:
- Provide senior-level technical, strategic and project management leadership to the environmental team and project managers.
- Function as an available point of contact with clients on environmental projects or tasks.
- Support project managers and ensure the highest level of quality on project deliverables and client services.
- Oversee communications between NTH environmental staff and managers with regulatory agencies and participate as necessary.
- Assist in managing all aspects of a project, including financial and technical components.
- Direct, supervise, and manage staff.
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills, be able to work in a team environment, as well as independently.
- Must have demonstrated team-oriented approach to problem-solving, and have strong interpersonal skills for contact with clients, NTH project managers as well as corporate level senior management.
- Strong organizational skills and high level of attention to detail
- Exceptional time management skills, ability to manage multiple assignments at any given time, and have ability to work in a team environment and mentor/develop staff
Work Environment / Physical Demands
- May be required to perform job duties in the field and office, during non-standard work hours, as necessary.
- Must be able to lift and carry equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
Leadership and Project Management Experience
- At least 5 years of demonstrated leadership experience in mentoring and leading junior staff
- Ability to organize technical material into comprehensive reports as well as perform QA/QC reviews on work product
- Project planning, budgeting, task delegation and management to ensure project is completed according to work plans
- Project Administration, including invoicing and collections
- Demonstrated ability to seek and establish new clients and build good business relationships with both new and current clients
- Develop and maintain professional business relationships with targeted clients
- Conduct periodic site / client visits, project and business development meetings
- Assist in developing business strategies and action plans for creating growth opportunities
- Work with Business Development staff to develop new clients and opportunities
Authorized to work full-time in the U.S.A. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired are required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
AAP / EEO Statement
NTH Consultants, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
visit: http://www.nthconsultants.com/career-opportunities.html to apply.