Natural Resource Technology, Inc. (NRT) is seeking an entry-level to mid-level candidate (0 to 2 years) with an understanding of toxicology and risk assessment principles. A minimum of a BS in biology, chemistry, environmental science or related discipline is required to join our Environmental Toxicology and Research team. This is a great opportunity to work as a scientist on toxicology, biodiversity, ecological risk assessment, and natural resource damage assessment studies.
As an environmental scientist, you will initially engage in data compilation, preliminary analysis, review of scientific literature to identify toxicity effect thresholds, compilation of toxicology information from multiple sources, accurate citing of report references. With experience, the successful candidate will assume responsibilities for coordinating team tasks and priorities, data interpretation, and documenting findings in a clear and concise manner for reports and presentations. There will also be opportunities to represent data analysis in innovative ways, deduce problems and solutions, review calculations and written products of others, and participate in active solution-oriented conversations with a team that is focused on scientific integrity and efficient client service.
- Apply scientific principles and concepts to area of specialization; able to draw solutions from education and formal training
- Critical thinking abilities for analysis of large data sets and toxicological information
- Enthusiastic group participation for development of reports based on evaluation of environmental data and application of regulatory criteria
- Flexibility to balance multiple priorities in a dynamic client-oriented fashion
- Organized approach and documentation of efforts, efficient, proactive, and good communicator
- Desirable Skills:
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local environmental regulations and programs is an asset
- Experience with environmental statistical analysis of biological data sets, and familiarity with R statistical analysis software
- Advanced skills in Microsoft software including Excel, Word, and Access
- Basic Qualifications:
- BS in biology, chemistry, environmental science, or related discipline
- 0-2 years experience, environmental consulting a plus
- Michigan regulatory experience a plus
Ability to use a personal computer and its peripherals including keyboard, mouse, and monitors for extended work periods. Ability to sit for an extended work period with frequent hand and/or wrist motion. Ability to lift and carry files, documents, or other items up to 10 pounds. Color vision and depth perception required.
Position Location: East Lansing, Michigan
Position Start: June/July 2016
Position Classification: Salary (Exempt) Full-time
Environmental Scientist East Lansing June 2016.pdf