Bachelor’s of Science degree in Civil Engineering or related degree, from a 4-year accredited college or university. Master’s Degree preferred, but not required.
Professional registration required.
- + years of demonstrated site development experience including site layout, grading, utility design, pavement design, permitting, budgeting, jurisdictional agency interaction, and other related project activities
- Ability to supervise and manage a multi-disciplinary team as well as complete projects with minimal oversight
- AutoCAD Civil 3D experience required, Infrastructure Suite or Microstation experience a Plus
- Hydrologic and Hydraulic Modeling software experience preferred, including proficient use with HEC-HMS, SWMM, Storm and Sanitary Analysis or others
- Be willing and able to work on construction sites, performing review activities
- Understand and read design drawings
- Previous experience with a consulting firm preferred.
Key Job Elements
In this role you will:
Develop and prepare work plans and proposals for engineering services related to site/civil consultation and design, including:
Prepare and review engineering analyses, reports, calculations, contract documents, designs and specifications for site/civil projects
- Plan, organize, supervise, and conduct field evaluations and field inspection programs as necessary
- Assess feasibility and soundness of proposed site/civil features
- Develop design details and specify appropriate construction materials
- Coordinate construction quality control services, conduct periodic site visits, and review daily field reports prepared by others
- Conduct pre-proposal, pre-construction, and construction progress meetings, and prepare minutes of those meetings
- Develop and present project-specific or technical presentations to clients, technical organizations, and in-house staff
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills, be able to work in a team environment and independently, demonstrate team-oriented approach to problem-solving, and have strong interpersonal skills for contact with clients and fellow engineers/professionals
- Accuracy, dependability, and strong organizational skills
- Time management skills, ability to manage multiple projects at any given time, and have ability to work in a team environment
- May be required to perform job duties in the field and office, during non-standard work hours, as necessary
- Must hold a valid driver’s license, and willing to travel for project and/or client meetings. Travel time could be up to 30% of job.
Work Environment / Physical Demands
May be required to perform job duties in the field and office, during non-standard work hours, as necessary.
Be willing and able to work on construction sites, performing review activities.
Must be able to lift and carry equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
Leadership and Project Management Experience
- Demonstrated leadership experience in mentoring, leading, managing, and developing junior staff
- Ability to organize technical material into comprehensive drawings/specifications/reports and perform QA/QC reviews on work product
- Project planning, budgeting, task delegation, and management to ensure project is completed according to work plans
- Project Administration, including invoicing and collections
- Develop and maintain professional business relationships with targeted new clients.
- Conduct periodic site / client visits, project, and business development meetings.
- Assist in developing business strategies and action plans for creating growth opportunities.
- Work with Business Development staff to bring new clients / business opportunities to the firm.
Authorized to work full-time in the U.S.A. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired are required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
AAP / EEO Statement
NTH Consultants, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
NTH Consultants, Ltd. participates in E-Verify.
Those that our interested can apply on our website at: Career Opportunities (nthconsultants.com).