NTH Consultants, Ltd. is a regionally recognized engineering firm specializing in professional civil, environmental, geotechnical and infrastructure consulting engineering. Over our 48 year history, we have built a reputation for providing innovative solutions to daunting engineering challenges, with industry-leading specialists, who help our clients achieve their immediate and long-term goals.
Solid talent is hard to find, and as we continue to grow, it is more important than ever to add quality people who embrace a culture committed to client satisfaction, teamwork, professionalism and continuous learning. We are searching for a PROJECT MANAGER for WATER RESOURCES – CIVIL|ENVIRONMENTAL DIVISION who fits this culture and is interested in joining our team in Northville, MI.Candidates should thrive in a fast-paced, client service environment. To be successful in this role, you must have strong technical problem-solving and people skills as well as good written and oral communication skills. You must be able to work independently and as a leader in a team environment.
Bachelors of Science degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, Natural Resources, or related degree, from a 4-year accredited college or university. Master’s degree preferred.
Professional Registration for Engineering disciplines preferred but not required.
Experience with environmental compliance for oil and gas, power generation and manufacturing industries a plus.
- 10+ years of demonstrated experience in Civil or Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, or Natural Resources, including:
- Working knowledge of Clean Water Act (CWA) and associated programs (NPDES, permitting & compliance, etc.)
- Understanding of state environmental regulations (MI, OH)
- Emergency response planning (SPCC, FRP)
- Ecological studies and natural features assessment
- Sediment cleanup and benthic studies
- Risk assessment and remedial design
- Demonstrated familiarity with advanced investigative or remediation techniques, and applicable environmental regulations and programs.
- Previous experience with a professional consulting firm preferred.
Key Job Elements:
In this role you will:
- Develop and prepare proposals for environmental services, including:
Communicate with clients and representatives of regulatory agencies to coordinate regulatory approvals.
- Defining scope of services
- Preparing cost estimates and project schedules
- Defining deliverables
- Preparing, delivering and discussing proposal documents with clients
- Manage all aspects of a project, including all financial and technical components.
- Direct, supervise, and manage project staff.
- Design remediation strategies and programs.
- Coordinate subcontractor/subconsultant efforts and services.
- Develop and present project specific or technical presentations to clients or technical organizations and in-house staff.
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills, be able to work in a team environment, as well as independently, demonstrated team-oriented approach to problem-solving, and have strong interpersonal skills for contact with clients and fellow engineers/technicians.
- Accuracy, dependability and strong organizational skills
- Exceptional time management skills; ability to manage multiple assignments at any given time.
- May be required to perform job duties in the field and office, during non-standard work hours as necessary.
Leadership and Project Management Experience:
- At least 3 years of demonstrated leadership experience in mentoring and leading junior staff
- Ability to organize technical material into comprehensive reports as well as perform QA/QC reviews on work product
- Project planning, budgeting, task delegation and management to ensure project is completed according to work plans
- Project Administration, including invoicing and collections
- PMP certification a plus
- Demonstrated ability to seek and establish new clients and build good business relationships with both new and current clients
- Develop and maintain professional business relationships with targeted clients
- Conduct periodic site / client visits, project and business development meetings
- Assist in developing business strategies and action plans for creating growth opportunities
- Work with Business Development staff to bring new clients / business opportunities to the firm
NTH Consultants, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.